Not many commercial kitchen owners would be aware of this, but their commercial dishwashers play a big role in improving the efficiency levels in their kitchens. For starters, dishwashers eliminate the need for staff to wash dishes manually.
In addition, they provide faster and superior levels of cleaning as well. So, you can actually utilise your staff to perform other activities. However, one aspect that you will need to focus on involves minimising your water, energy and operating expenses. It can be worth highlighting that dishwashers will consume a lot of energy and water alike. As such, this could increase your utility bills significantly. At the same time, water and power remain precious resources. Hence, the more you can reduce your consumption of these resources, the better it will be.
To maximise the efficiency of the commercial dishwashers in your Sydney restaurant, consider:
- Ascertaining whether your facility has all the services necessary for meeting the operational requirements of the dishwasher
- For instance, commercial dishwashers typically consume higher rates of energy than their domestic counterparts
- So, you will need to check the power connection that the dishwasher will use and provide a hot water connection too
- Buying a dishwasher that has a capacity commensurate with the size of your restaurant or facility
- Buying a smaller dishwasher to save money for a high-volume restaurant will make your staff and the machine work harder than necessary
- Picking commercial dishwashers that offer superior and advanced features such as energy and water saving features, enhanced water filtration levels etc.
- Ensuring that your staff wash fully loaded racks to minimise your utility bills
- Confirming that your staff switch off the dishwasher unit when not in use and at the end of the day as some models feature internal tank heaters that could consume electricity even when not in use
- Checking that the rinse pressure adheres to the minimum manufacturer requirements otherwise the cleaning levels will not be very thorough
- Ensuring that the temperature levels of the dishwasher range between 55 – 60 degrees and 80 – 82 degrees for washing and rinsing respectively
- Maintaining the wash curtains and replacing damaged ones in case you have a conveyor dishwasher
- Similarly, using your conveyor dishwasher in auto mode could yield a considerable amount of savings in the long run
- Hiring competent and experienced professionals to service and maintain your dishwashers and restaurant catering equipment regularly
- Getting your staff trained by the supplier or the manufacturer’s technicians on the best ways to use the dishwasher
- Ensuring that your staff remove all the food scraps from the dishes before they load the dirty dishes in the rack and into the dishwasher, without which the appliance could become clogged
- Using racks of the appropriate size in addition to stacking the tableware properly before washing cycles
- Getting your staff to clean the food and chemical debris that might accumulate in the wash and rinse arms of the dishwasher, in addition to cleaning the filter where residual food particles will usually accumulate over time
For more information on our products and services, contact Channon today.