For the uninitiated, food processing refers to the methods that cooks use for converting raw ingredients into ready-to-eat dishes. When done on a large scale, people refer to it as commercial food processing. Given the volumes of food that many restaurants serve their customers, it becomes apparent that they require high-quality food processors. Commercial catering businesses require food processors that are efficient and durable. This is especially so because these machines help in speeding up the preparation of food. The faster the preparation of food takes place, the lesser the customer has to wait for the order. Thus, food processors play a considerable role in keeping customers happy.
It is worth highlighting that there are no uniform categories that help to classify commercial food processing equipment. However, commercial food processing equipment typically comprise:
- Commercial Blenders: These look and work in the same manner as domestic blenders. But, commercial blenders can blend a larger quantity of ingredients in one session as opposed to their domestic counterparts. These blenders often save time and effort in preparing various ingredients. Naturally, they are invaluable in any commercial kitchen
- Meat Grinders: Chefs will often agree that grinding meat is a tedious activity. But, they still prefer grinding their own meat because it enables them to ensure the purity of the ingredients. Without any machines, grinding meat can be a time consuming activity. This is why many restaurants feature use meat grinders. These machines can handle large volumes of meat in minimal time.
- Slicers: Any restaurant that serves hundreds of people each day, cannot avoid having to cut and slice vegetables and ingredients. Manually, this would be a tedious and time consuming process. With commercial slicers, this process usually becomes a breeze.
- Commercial Mixers: Many commercial kitchens prefer making certain batters and mixtures on a large scale each day. This saves time as opposed to having to make these mixtures as and when the need arises. These mixers make this process much easier. In addition, they heighten the efficiency of the restaurant too.
- Peelers and Cutters: Similar to slicers, peeling fruits and vegetables each day can consume a lot of time. This is especially so if you were to peel and cut these items manually. To save time, restaurants use motorised peelers and cutters.