Cooking at home will invariably require certain appliances. For instance, you will require an oven, a cooking range, a refrigerator and other equipment. However, you might not use all your kitchen appliances very frequently. This is because preparing food for the average household will not always necessitate the use of all your kitchen appliances. However, commercial bars and kitchens will usually cater to hundreds of customers. This is especially so for outlets that serve a diverse range of cuisines. As such, they will feature a number of appliances for preparing, processing, cooking and storing food items.
When you shop for cooking appliances and equipment, you will invariably come across a number of items available. But, you will need to remember that you don’t need to purchase all the categories of items that are on sale. Before you go shopping, consider the dishes that you plan to serve. If you’re serving fast food items, you will require food processors, fryers, grills, an assortment of knives etc. Similarly, if you’re providing Chinese cuisine, you will require large pots and pans, woks etc. In short, assess the items that you plan to serve. Thereafter, identify the appliances and equipment that you need.
Some of the basic equipment that you will do well to purchase upfront include:
- Commercial Ovens: These appliances usually consume a lot of space. But, they can cook food very quickly too. Depending on your needs, you could invest in conveyor or convection ovens. Similarly, you will need to determine whether you need an electric oven or a gas-powered one. It is worth mentioning that combination ovens are quite popular in Sydney and other places.
- Commercial Dishwashers: High-quality dishwashers will be relatively more expensive. But, they will be large enough to wash big loads of dishes with minimal fuss. Purchase this if you have sufficient space in your facility to place this appliance near the cooking area. It will prove to be a cost-effective purchase over time.
- Commercial Food Processors: No commercial kitchen can do without blenders. Blenders are useful for mixing soft foods and liquids. The blades of the blender can crush ice for combining it with various drinks. In addition, blenders can puree food items as well.
- Commercial Refrigerators: This is one of the most essential requirements in any commercial kitchen. Such facilities need to keep food items fresher for longer. Commercial fridges can store raw food products, meat and even, chilled desserts at the right temperature. Some of the types of fridges that you might want to purchase include under-the-counter fridges, blast freezers and commercial chillers and freezers.
- Utensils: Your cooking utensils will need to be large enough to hold the quantities of food that your chefs prepare. In addition, they will need to be durable as well. Purchase an assortment of stainless steel utensils to serve a myriad of needs.
- Cutlery: When it comes to cutlery, you will need an assortment of items. Your chefs will typically handle large amounts of food at one time. To make this easier, they will need large and sturdy spatulas. Similarly, you will need large and fine mesh strainers too. The former will be useful for straining French fries and dumplings. The latter can make it easier to remove particles of food from the oil. Other cutlery that you will need include forks, knives, spoons, plates and glasses. In addition, you might want to purchase accessories such as knife sharpeners, cutting boards, rolling pins, graters etc.